beanie and the jets

4/06/2014

Mellow Yellow - Mothers day Outfit



I've been waiting for so long to add some colour to my outfits and I know you don't really need an excuse but I'd become so happy wearing black, I've sort of struggled a little to break out of my new-found and absolutely adored, villain-inspired craze. Until now that is! Mothers day was the perfect opportunity for me to explore with some Grandma-friendly, spring-themed colours. 

The top I wore I am absolutely in love with, and guess where from ... GEORGE! Yup. Asda. I don't know what it is about this place that I love...okay I'm lying. I know exactly what it is...for one the sizing is spot on, as a curvier girl I love that most of the time I have to go down a size when buying from George, I mean really it's not about what size you wear, I'd much rather wear something that fits nicely over something that's going to have my muffin top all-a-rising and a-spilling over the top of my jeans like a cake with too much baking powder. Anyway back to the top, it's a lovely material and it fits perfectly. I actually have a similar top in white I bought from River Island for double the price! 



My jeans are from New Look, well I say jeans. What I actually mean is jeggings and they are most definitely the closest I'll get to a pair of jeans for now. I'm a leggings kind of girl but there comes a time in every near thirty year olds life when they must accept that in a few years it will be unacceptable to wear leggings as pants. Part of me feels I should have accepted this a long time ago to be honest. I'd originally gone into New Look to find a few pairs of jean-jeans. After trying on a zillion pairs I left the changing room so unhappy, I had nothing. No joy. They were either too big, too tight, too long or too baggy at the knees (huge problem for me.) The fitting room assistant was lovely and she advised me to try a pair of jeggings, I'll admit I was reluctant at first, but I'm glad I gave them a go. 

All in all this is a bit of a budget outfit, price isn't an issue for me when shopping but I'll be the first to admit it the cheaper the better! And I am most definitely happy with this outfit.

Top £8, George
Jeggings £15, New Look
Bag £2, Primark
Bracelet £40, Ted Baker
Necklace £8, Miss Selfridge
 Ear Cuffs £4.99, H & M

Pin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment