beanie and the jets

5/28/2014

Where the magic happens - A tour of my beauty room

I love spending time in this room. I get ready for work in here, I come home I take my makeup off in here. I even prep myself for bed in here. I feel like I’m stepping into a little boutique, sometimes trying on lipsticks, blushers and eyeshadows I didn't even know I had!

What I really love about this room is it’s somewhere me and my Mum spend a lot of time together. Sometimes we’ll both stand in front of the mirror having a chat doing our makeup together. Most weekends I’ll spend time teaching her new techniques or trying different looks on her, its real quality time. We both work so hard and having this room has given us our time back and it makes me so happy because I get the feeling I used to get when I was younger, when I would sit and watch my Mum put her make up on before a night out or for work. So you can see why this space is so important to me. Not only do I spend time with my Mum in here, sometimes when I’m getting ready my fiancĂ© will take a seat, put on some music and we’ll just chat while I get ready. This room is my little creation and it’s somewhere I get to reflect, pamper, bond, relax and beautify. What more could I want? 

I’m a crazy, neat freak so everything has a place. I could close my eyes and find what I need in that room despite the amount of hair and beauty products I have. I’m in love with acrylic storage, they’re perfect for adding space and go beautifully with any colour or style room. They’re a universal must have! I bought my acrylic lipstick holders from TK Maxx for £7.99 and my drawers from Muji online for £24.95. I wanted to keep this room clutter-free and minimal yet feminine and girly at the same time, so a lot of the treasures and trinkets I buy are pastel, polka or have cute detailing like bows and hearts (I’m crazy for hearts!) The jars I keep my brushes in are a sure example, these little cuties were from B&M and were £2.99 each.

I have a hand-painted (by me) pink shelf from B&Q on which I like to keep my rose and vanilla scented candles, underneath you’ll find my mini tiara/headdress collection. For some strange reason friends gift me tiaras quite a lot, so I thought it would be cute to have somewhere to hang them and they make for really cute decorations. 


There is still a little bit I’d like to do to this room, I am currently in the process of collecting artwork and photographs for the larger wall, just to add more of a grown up feel. I also want a window seat as I keep the last 4 issues of Elle in here so it’d be nice to sit by the window, feet up with a cup of tea and my favourite magazine.

I do believe it’s important to have a space that’s yours, somewhere that brings you real happiness and allows you to explore your creativity. Somewhere simple you can make great memories and even greater transformations. It doesn’t have to be a whole room, just somewhere for you outside of the madness of the real world, where you can retreat, relax and enjoy. 

Do you have a special place you go to relax? Do you think it's important to have somewhere you can retreat to? 






Pin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google Plus

2 comments: