beanie and the jets

6/18/2014

Candy Girl - Pink lipstick review (part one)

I have been really looking forward to writing this post, although it should have been up earlier with work and working out I've really been struggling to find the time recently so I decided to book a few days off work to enjoy some me time and catch up on what I enjoy most.

I've selected a few of my favourite pinks and put them into groups, because I own so many this process makes it easier for me to select when I sort them into groups according to shade and finish. Some of the pinks I own are absolutely gorgeous, however a fair few of them don't sit well or I find I have to keep applying during the day which can then turn them from fab to drab. 

I'm going to write this blog in two parts. The first part covering my favourite pink lipsticks and lip crayons, the second part covering my favourite pencils and glosses.

Hope you enjoy.

The Lippies
Chatterbox and Girl About Town are two of my favourite pinks from Mac and are both Amplified. I do love this finish because I can build up on these colours for nights out, either getting a really classy and not over the top lip and alternatively a really funky, bright Barbie girl colour. What else I like about these is they look even more amazing with a clear or similar coloured gloss over the top.

MAC Pink Nouveau with Chatterbox over the top and a dash of Boy Bait gloss
 I've also added Pink Nouveau to my favourites in a satin finish. I will be honest in saying this isn't particularly my one of my favourites, not because of the colour but because I find I am constantly getting that really unattractive gathering after a few hours wear so I tend not to wear this shade as much unless it's over a darker or matte colour. I find wearing a similar matte colour underneath helps to hold a colour less likely to sit right and in some cases I'd wear over one of my Amplified shades.

MAC, Girl about town (unglossed)
I find with my lighter shades of pink I do mix them a fair bit. For example those with a really white undertone I'll add a little bit of a deeper/rosey pink to, just so I don't look so clownish. I also like to add a dash of Boy Bait which is a nude, Cremesheen Glass for extra oomph, plus it looks a little bit sexy too *wink, wink*. 

My two favourite Illamasqua pinks are shades Atomic and Resist. What can I say, I am a total Matte junkie as you may very well know and for me these colours are perfect finish and all! Again I tend to mix the two or add a gloss every now and again, however for the most part these colours are ab fab all on their own.

Illamasqua Titivate Lip Pencil with Illamasqua Atomic Lipstick
 I then have my Kiko in shade 814, which to begin with I absolutely loathed. Now I wear it most days for work. This is a super-hydrated colour which is very much a dressed down version of my favourite, Up the Amp by Mac. This Kiko lipstick is very sheer allowing you room to build up for a heavier colour but still not too heavy. This is one of those colours that looks quite lilacy and will probably look purple on paler skin-tones, however against darker skin it's a really nice pink/purple shade. 

Last but not least we have my super bright lipstick by Kate Moss for Rimmel. I love, love, love this lipstick from the shade to the finish right down to the price. Everything is right! I tend to go for this shade for a night out and very rarely gloss it down to it being so bright. I have used this shade over my Atomic lipstick from Illamasqua the two go hand in hand and blend really well.

  
The Lip Crayons
What can I say about Barry M products that hasn't already been said? I will admit I had my doubts about these Barry M Gelly, High shine glosses. I thought they'd be really sheer similar to a pigmented balm, basically everything I was not looking for in a lipstick. However these little babies surprised me more than the time I found out the moon and the sun were two completely different things! These beauties are fabulous. The first one I bought was shade 5, I adore it! I then went back to buy shade 3 and will most definitely be going back for more. I get everything I want from them, as I'm able to wear them for work, not so bright and then for meeting friends after work I layer up a little for a more glam look. I would say you have to apply quite a bit throughout the day but I not enough for me to grumble about it.

Barry M, Gelly Hi-Shine pencil in Shade 3
 My second product is my Topshop lip bullet, shade 'Back in the Game'. This is a super vibrant, disco pink and even for the greatest pink lover like me this is way too bright. I don't think it helps that the finish of this product literally feels like you've used a crayola to colour your lips in. I will admit that I haven't given this product a fair chance. However my maiden use of these product indicated I was going to have a bit of a ropey relationship with this colour. I will definitely give this another go that way we can have a fair trial.
Topshop bullet, Back in the game
Clockwise - Topshop Lip Bullet 'Back in the game' and Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Lips Shade 5 & Shade 3
For now that's it for part one of my favourite pink lipstick review and I'll be back with part two...glosses and pencils! I am glad I plucked up the courage and added some pictures of myself, I've been dreading doing it. It's not so bad after all and at least you guys can get a better idea of what the shades look like in case you are wanting to purchase them.

Also ...

Let me know what your favourite pinks are pictures and all! I'd love to see what your favourite pinks are and how they differ for each skintone. I also wouldn't mind doing another follow up featuring your pictures too! 

Any questions about these products (or the cupcakes haha) just ask.

Beanie 
xoxo


Pin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment