beanie and the jets

4/28/2014

Orange Lipstick Review



I've been quite excited about wearing my 'Oranges' for a while now, I've really been set in my ways sticking with the purples and reds I had been wearing over the winter season last year. I never really stick to trends but I thought as the weather is getting brighter it'd be nice to crack out the brights from my ever-growing lipstick collection. 

The two orange colours I have and hardly ever wear are both from Mac, I have Morange and Vegas Volt. Morange is the brighter of the two and Vegas Volt is more of a corally-peach. It's really nice for if you want a pop of orange colour but nothing too bright. Both colours are super-summery and work really well with all skin tones. 

Although I haven't worn either colour for a really long time, the issue for me isn't the colour at all, the shades are perfect! It's the finish. Neither of these colours (both Amplified) give me the finish I want from a lipstick. I find they sit well for an hour or so but after that they just look really tacky and slide around. In complete honesty to achieve the look I wanted I used a lip brush to apply Morange to my lips and then I went over it slightly with the Vegas Volt, I then added a lick of  Cremesheen gloss in Boy Bait so this is possibly the reason the lipstick didn't sit right for me. 


For the rest of my look I'd chosen to keep my eyes fresh leaving my Kiko primer on the lids to brighten and then added a medium-sized flick using my black, Sleek gel liner. I didn't add black eyeliner as I wanted my eyes to appear as bright and as open as possible so I added a touch of gold from my Mac Brownluxe Pallet, (sorry I don't know what the shade is called). A swipe of YSL mascara and then used my Extra Dimension Highlighter in Supberb from Mac over the higher part of my cheek bones. I then went over that colour with my pink Illamasqua blusher and brought the pink down to my chubby cheeks, shade Tweak. 

All in all it was a pretty simple look which isn't the norm for me, but I loved it and would wear it again. 







Pin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google Plus

1 comment:

  1. J'aime! Summer is totes the season for color and I love me some orange. Thanks for sharing! Would love to see the finished look! ;)

    ReplyDelete