beanie and the jets

5/10/2014

Springing into step - Another Mini Haul



Hi everyone! Hope you've all had a blast of a bank holiday. Aren't we lucky to be having these short working weeks and long weekends recently? And the weather has been a darling to us.  I think you'll all be very proud to know that I have finally stepped up my game and I'm working hard to add some lovely Spring pastels and prints into my daily style. Like I said it's not like I don't love these colours or suit them, brights, pastels, pinks and shimmers are my favourite colours of all. I've just found it harder this time to find items that suit me. 

I took a trip to the Trafford Centre after work with one of my favourite girls. I absolutely loathe the place and it really didn't help that NOTHING at all stood out. As a curvier girl I didn't even attempt to grace the oh so bright and beautiful dreamland that was Forever 21. I know I should check it out for myself but really I haven't heard the greatest of reviews from my fellow plus sizers so thought I'd push on to the bigger (no pun intended) and not necessarily better, but definitely 'chubb-friendly' stores. 

The following day I took a trip into Manchester (Arndale) which is perfect for me. I know it like the back of my hand so I automatically know which stores cater for me and which stores do not.

I managed to bag myself a pastel pink shirt with tiny white hearts on, perfect for the girlie girl in me. Actually this shirt caught my eye as I was leaving the store so obviously I believe it was fate plus it was the last one and in my size, how could I possibly deny myself?

The bag! I had it all planned out, this month I was going to buy myself a Michael Kors bag but somehow over time I'd fallen out of love with it don't shed a tear for me yet because I found a bag I love AND I ended up saving myself £250! I used it all weekend and use it everyday for work. I love the size of this bag and the fact it sits really well on my shoulder. Even though this bag has such a short strap, which I assumed I'd only be able to carry by hand. Also you know how when you fill a bag and it tends to hurt your shoulder, I filled this yesterday for work and didn't even realise how heavy it really was, I didn't get that uncomfortable feeling I'm used to. I'm actually thinking the broadness of the strap is the reason for this. All in all I love this bag, I made a saving and I'll probably end up going back to get the tan colour which is equally as nice.

Finally, my pumps. I really do love these little babies and after the horrendous rain we've been having I had to say goodbye to two pairs of pumps last week. I very rarely buy pumps or flat shoes for that matter as they aren't my 'go-to' shoe. I would love to blow a mini-fortune on a pair but I just don't see the point at the moment. I really only wear them for work so places like Primark, Peacocks and New Look are perfect for me. 

I really like this look it's great for sunny weekend days out and really has done fabulously catapulting me into a mini pastel heaven.

Shirt £17.99, New Look
Bag   £10, Primark
Pump £10 Primark
Purse  £13 River Island
Heart Earrings  £1 Primark
Rings  £3 each River Island
'S' Necklace  ASOS


Pin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment